- IRIS is an affordable software and hardware 3D impulse response measurement system
- The system consists of:
- IRIS Software and USB dongle
- Core Sound TetraMic
- MOTU 4pre USB audio interface
- Custom phantom power and microphone cable adapters
- 30 metre CAT5E STP microphone array extension cable
- Pelican Storm case with custom foam cut-out
(Note: The user must provide their own source loudspeaker which fulfils the directivity requirements as specified by ISO 3382:2009-1.)
- Simple and user friendly setup and measurement process
- All data is gathered in a single exponential sine sweep recording
- Default settings suitable for most measurement situations with advanced options available.
- 3D colour-coded representation of sound rays
- Length indicates relative sound intensity level, angle is the ray direction, and colour represents time of arrival
- Separate music, speech and studio (small room) arrival time categories
- Interactive 3D rotation and zoom
- Dynamic range and time resolution adjustment
- Specific angle, level and time information for individual rays for a detailed analysis
- Broadband, octave band and other filtered views
- Traditional omnidirectional waveform views
- Dynamic interaction between the IRIS plot and waveform view – rays selected in one view are highlighted in the other view
- Automatic detection of onset time with manual adjustment
- Standard acoustic parameters are displayed in table and graph form
- EDT, T20, T30, G, G Early, G Late, LF, LFC, GLL, D50, C50, C80, Ts, ST Early and ST Late are calculated in octave bands in accordance with ISO 3382-1:2009
- (Coming soon) Facility to calibrate sound sources in a diffuse field or free field for sound strength measurement (G, G Early, G Late and GLL)
- LF measurement is very simple and practical - the system is pre-calibrated and automatically aligns a virtual figure-of-8 microphone in post-processing. Click here for information about how LF measurement was validated.
- Tables can be saved to clipboard or exported as a spreadsheet
Marshall Day Software is like having an acoustic laboratory in the palm of your hand.
Associate Professor Yan Xiang, Tsinghua University
The operation and configuration of IRIS is effortless...
Sebastià V. Amengual Garí
I regard the acoustic designs of Marshall Day Acoustics to be amongst the finest and probably the most innovative in the world.
Dr Anders Gade, Technical University of Denmark